Finca Deborah Bourbon Natural
- Intense & fruity
- Notes of strawberries, dark cherry, ice-cream
- Juicy acidity & creamy mouthfeel
Bourbon is one of many varieties growing on Finca Deborah. Tropical rainforest environment & high altitudes result in a finest representation of this popular and valued variety.
Drying process of Bourbon was invented by Jamison Savage. Cherries dry on 3-level bed system designed by Jamison for 20+ days. Each level has a different UV exposure and temperature. Cherries are moved from top to bottom depending on their parameters. They are agitated throughout the day to assure consistency.
This way of drying the coffee brings sweetness, deep fruit flavors and incomparable cleanliness in the cup.
To fully express Savage Coffees’ potential we recommend brewing them with care and attention to details.
Water makes up 90 to 98.5% of brewed coffee. It’s important to use only fresh, filtered and soft water to fully extract flavors & keep your equipment reliable for years. We recommend the following water parameters:
- TDS 70-120 ppm
- pH = 7.0
- General hardness level <4°dH
- Brewing temperature: 94-96°C / 201.2-204.8°F
- Use filtered or low mineral content spring water
- After opening keep your beans in air-tight container. Do not keep them refrigerated.
- Our coffees taste great in wide range of brewing methods (pour over, immersion, batch brew, espresso.)
- For espresso, always flush the group head before extracting the coffee, and for filter brewing rinse paper filter in your brewer with hot water prior to extracting the coffee.
- Grinding setup will vary depending on the method of extraction & desired cup profile.
- For espresso we recommend using precision baskets & shower screens for optimal extraction.
- 60-65 g of coffee per 1 liter of water
- 1:15 coffee to water ratio
- Pour over extraction time: 2:45 – 3:45 min.
- Batch brewer extraction time: 3:30 – 4:30 min.
- Dose: 19-21 g
- Yield: 50-55 g
- Time: 24-27 s